Author: ArChaNaR
•4:23 PM

The guy in the truckvan stopped at the intersection to my left, waived me to go ahead and take my left turn and suddenly another car comes out of no where.

I stopped at the stop sign and was waiting for the oncoming traffic to clear, so that I could make a left turn. But suddenly , there were pedestrians corssing , so the oncoming car stopped for them to cross. And then he waited for me and to make my left turn... which according to the rules , he shouldn't stop and should take his right of way. But he waits, looks at me , waives me to go ahead as there was no traffic behind him.

I pumped up the gas pedal and suddenly a car comes into sight... she honked, but she was so close that there was no time for me to react.. SMASH! For few moments I was blank, a sudden shock to my brain , my both feet on the break pedal and hands on the steering wheel shivering. I thought i was gonna faint..The only thought which struck me was how much is it gonna COST and will the lady call the POLICE?. I immediately called Uday to let him know the situation n asked what do I do next? He just said take the person's details and give ur details as well. The lady comes to me n asks " do you want to call the police or do you want to resolve it between us?"

I had to repeat every sentence... couldn't speak a word properly. The traffic lined up and ppl were honking.. The lady comes and tells me to park at a safe place and talk. There was on- coming traffic to my right and .. right then I learnt something... about the californian people ... they don't have patience.. damn these ppl ..they were honking at me continously and shouting. One even said "go get a life" .. I mean whats the hurry.. I know i was blocking the intersection... there was heavy traffic to my right.. now how the hell would I make a left turn there?

We parked our vehicles n exchaged the information , took pictures and while leaving, she started saying ... "Its your fault.. if the guy waived you ..that means you have to stay in his lane" .. I faught back ... n guess what she was expecting a 'sorry'.. but i didn't. Why?? 'coz it was her fault too.. the speed limit on that road was 35mph and she was speeding up a 'lil bit 'coz she was getting late for the appointment.

I came home, called uday to let him know. My hands were still shivering, I tried my best not to cry .. but the water tank on my head was overfolwing :D... I went and crashed... woke up at late evening. Uday didn't want me to cook , but I didn't wanna go out for dinner..was still in trauma. He decided to help me in the kitchen.. prepared the food had dinner and was off to sleep.

It took 4 days to come out of the trauma.. but I'm shit scared to drive now. Since then something or the other pops up.. recently i received a hefty bill from the community college for the courses which I didn't attend a single class(the professor's are supposed to drop if i anyone dosen't attend).. and then at the gorcery store, a bottle of tomato sauce which accidentely slipped from uday's hand.



Check it out: An illision...
|
This entry was posted on 4:23 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

8 comments:

On 3/29/2006 3:46 AM , Arch said...

Hi Archie!!! First thanx for ur comments...
and yeah i am so sorry for wat has happened...
but accidents are part and parcel of driving so chill it..
hope you are out of the trauma...
Happy ugadi...
And take care!!

 
On 3/29/2006 6:19 AM , Sudeep said...

I hope tht u r ok now...
kharcha kitna hua phir?

do u stop walking if u sprain ur ankle?
If answer is no, dont worry but drive carefully

Happy new year (happy gudi padawa)

 
On 3/29/2006 7:16 AM , AS said...

aare dont get scared with an accident... get back on road and zoommmm...
happy ugadi...

 
On 3/30/2006 10:46 AM , chaitu said...

hey..so, u gained some experience in driving...and landed safe..!

something like this happened to me too..last month..and i ended up with some bruises and a wrist band for 3 weeks...

 
On 3/30/2006 12:03 PM , ArChaNaR said...

Happy Ugadi
Happy Gudi padawa
to all of you!

thank you gangadhar, archana, sudeep, chaitanya, ansankhaya for building back my confidence..
now I'm back to driving :D

hmm.. kharcha? lemme see
its gonna take $1500 - $2000

and word of caution
Just be careful in whatever you do.. the reason why i'm saying is one of my friend had a major accident yesterday.

 
On 4/01/2006 4:57 AM , Princess said...

Its really a troublesome situation. Anyone like you even me would face such trauma. And for me I get emotional soon and I think of things for so long that it becomes difficult to come out of it. Yet I try to concentrate on different things to get rid of it.
Be Happy.

 
On 4/02/2006 7:07 PM , Anand said...

Hey archie!
Phew!..that was a close one!
But am glad it was all ok eventually..i mean could have been a lot worse..so well god took care of u!:-)
so dont worry-happens to everyone!...guess next time we tend to be double careful!

 
On 4/03/2006 10:41 AM , exasparater said...

acho... i also had an accident which resulted in ankle fracture.... 2 months of bed rest...

be happy nothing happened to u....